Please contact me directly for further information about bringing a Positive Discipline workshop or training to your school.
Positive Discipline Focuses on Discipline That Teaches:
Rresearch has shown unequivocally that Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is vital if teachers and other school personnel hope to increase academic gains for their students of all ages. The abilities of students to manage strong emotions, interact cooperatively with others and resolve problems that come up in their daily lives are quite literally academic survival skills. All SEL programs or curricula strive to teach these skills. As both a trauma informed and restorative practice, Positive Discipline in the Classroom does so in a manner which stresses mutual dignity and respect for students and teachers all the while promoting the democratic values that are at the core of our civic lives.
Workshop Participants Will:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Understand the impact of trauma, ACEs, and toxic stress and how to build healing relationships.
- Become familiar with research based and trauma informed tools that connect with students and/or mediate a conflict.
- Practice the Teacher Helping Teacher Problem Solving Steps, an effective tool for ongoing training and support for teachers, administrators, and all support staff.